The kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where families gather, where food is prepared, and where the best conversations unfold. It’s also one of the most important rooms when it comes to selling your house. Potential buyers are willing to overlook a lot of things, but a tiny, dated, unpleasant kitchen is rarely one of them.
Whether you’re planning to sell your home or simply want to treat yourself to a more luxurious experience, these quick and easy kitchen upgrades take the cake. Cook up something special and tackle a few of them this summer!
1. Swap out the lighting. Elegant pendant lights, a statement chandelier, or even a different wattage lightbulb can quickly transform your kitchen.
2. Get new hardware. If you’ve been pulling the same knobs and handles since you moved in, it’s probably time for a chance. Kitchen hardware is a subtle way to enhance the look and feel of a space, and a great way to make a big statement in a small way.
3. Invest in new accessories. A beautiful cutting board or a set of kitschy salt and pepper shakers are a great way to bring some personality as well as function into your space.
4. Paint the walls. Whether you go for a clean and crisp white that unifies the room, or an eclectic palette that brightens the room, a fresh coat of paint can transform your space and make you feel like your walking into a brand new kitchen.
5. Experiment with open shelving. Remove your cabinet doors and or hang simple shelves along your walls, and keep dishware out in the open. This can create a sense of space if you arrange your items thoughtfully, but can also become chaotic if you’re not careful.
6. Paint a chalkboard wall. Chalkboard paint is fairly inexpensive and can be a fun and funky addition to your kitchen. Use it to plan weekly dinners, leave sweet messages for your family, or just daydream.
7. Splurge for new window treatments. New curtains are a great way to spruce up your space. We recommend Roman shades, which can withstand the heat and can be easily pulled up when you want some extra light.
We hope these updates make your kitchen a better place, or help a buyer fall in love with your space. If you need help buying or selling a home, contact Network Real Estate. Our agents will make sure every room of your house gets the attention it deserves!