It's that time of year again when everything is turning green - and no, I don't mean Spring! I'm talking about everyone's favorite excuse to celebrate with a few good drinks & great friends, St. Patricks Day.
If you're living in Wilmington, NC or the surrounding areas, you're in luck. That's because our city offers a huge variety of events for you & your friends to attend, which will certainly get you in the festive spirit.
* As always, drink responsibly!
Wilmington St. Patricks Day Parade 2018
Date: March 17, 2018 - 11 am to Noon
Location: Starts at Red Cross & N. Front Streets
Starting at the corner of Red Cross & N. Front Streets, the parade takes a turn at Princess Street, then goes down to Water Street, where it ends just after passing the Federal Building. (*see map below)
- The Parade Grandstand will be in Riverfront Park (in front of Federal Building).
- The Grand Marshall this year is Dr. John Young, the Irish Honorary Consul for North Carolina.
St. Patricks Day Festival
Date: March 17, 2018 - Noon till 6 pm
Location: Riverfront Park between Market & Princess Streets
Cost: FREE Admission
- Striking Copper: A "Harmony Driven Roots Rock" band based in Wilmington.
- The Malone Brothers: Irish music band.
- Walsh Kelley School of Irish Dance: An Irish Dancing School located in Wilmington.
- Slainte: UNCW Irish Dance Group: The University of North Carolina at Wilmington's superb Irish dancing group.
Food & Beverages for the whole family
Wilmington St. Patricks Day Crawl
Date: March 17, 2018 - 2 pm
Location: Starts at The Husk
Cost: Tickets: w/ shirts $30 day of, no shirts $15 day of
This is a moderated crawl, so you'll be asked to stay with your group for the entirety of the event. Must be 21+ and have valid ID with you.
As of right now, the participating venues are:
- Bourbon St.
- Liquid Room
- Rooftop Bar
- Tavern Law
14th Annual Steve Haydu St. Patrick's Day Lo Tide Run
Date: March 17, 2018 - Registration (7 am), 10K/5K (8 am), Awards Ceremony (9:30 am)
Location: Carolina Beach Boardwalk, Carolina Beach, NC
Cost: $40 registration ($5 discount for students/military)
This is a Team Run, with a minimum of 5 runners per team. You'll be scored by the top 5 runners on each team, and a Team Name is required for registration.